- 5 large Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into quarter-round slices
- 1/4 pound Purslane, large stems removed, washed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons each, Fresh chopped mint, cilantro and chervil
- 4 cups Whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup Virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, puréed with the blade of a knife
- 2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- kosher Salt and ground Black Pepper
Place the cucumber, purslane and herbs into a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil and garlic, coriander and season to taste with salt. Add the yogurt mixture to the vegetables and mix well. Add a pinch of ground black pepper. Taste the dressed cucumber-purslane salad for seasoning, adding a little more salt if needed. Serve chilled.
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
Home | Biography| Interview | Recipes | Restaurant
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.